The US Consulate General

Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Important Facts and other German topics.

What kind of services does the US Consulate in Frankfurt offer?

The US Consulate General

Lost birth certificate? Passport renewal coming up? General questions about living in Germany? These problems are a case for the US consulate in Frankfurt, Germany. They have various special services for American citizens. The mail address of the consulate is as follows:

US Consulate General
Siesmayerstrasse 21
D - 60323 Frankfurt am Main

The US consulate has a website:

There are phone numbers and e-mail links to contact individual officers.

Here is a copy from the website about American citizen services in Frankfurt:

Frankfurt's consular section is open to the public for American citizen services Monday through Friday, except German and American holidays. Hours for the various units are as follows:

For U.S. passport applications, the Consular section is open from 7:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Call (069) 7535-2280 for general information (tape) or (069) 7535-2100. For up-to-date information, Department of Defense ID card holders should call (069) 7535-2483 or 7535-2485. Fax: (069) 7535-2304

Reports of American Citizen Births Abroad
Applications for reports of American citizens born abroad are accepted by appointment only. Call (069) 7535-2481/2482/2487/2490 or 2491 after 2:00 PM for information.

Special Consular Services
Special Consular Services include: protection and welfare, child custody issues, deaths and estates, services to imprisoned U.S. citizens, repatriations, notarial services, lists of local English-speaking doctors, dentists and attorneys, U.S. tax forms, voter information and registration, and other general information. The public window is open 8:00 am to 12:00 noon. Telephone: (069) 7535-2514/15/17/18/19. Fax: (069) 7535-2252.
For emergency services outside normal business hours, call the main consulate general switchboard: (069) 7535-0.

Federal Benefits
The Federal Benefits Section is responsible for assisting persons residing in Germany with all Social Security, Veterans, Railroad and Black Lung benefits, pensions and some civil service matters. In addition, the FBU handles all OPM post-entitlement matters, such as death notices, change of address and non-receipt of payment. The FBU is open to the public from 9:00 to 12:00 PM. Telephone: (069) 7535-2440/1. Fax: (069) 7535-2370 or 749-352.
For emergency services: (069) 7535-2453.



Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.


URL: (optional)


Not finding the advice and tips you need on this German Tip Site? Request a Tip Now!

Guru Spotlight
Sheri Ann Richerson